Lost in translation
Of joy and pain and wonder,
Our strength gave out;
Which man explores in his own amazement
Enough to sew this poem into blanket.
Now this poem was written with a mix of quotes from famous writers like Robert Frost, Christopher Fry, Richard Rosen, Charles Simic, and Kahil Gibran. These quotes were about what they thought the definition of poetry was. With a mix of their quotes I created a poem, which sort of talks about being lost in one's imagination that gives them certain emotions, he/she writes down what they see and it turns out to form a beautiful poem; like a person sewing a beautiful blanket. I sewed together this poem from different quotes. Do you get any of that?
Anyways, this is another one of my favorite poems that I have written, and I hope that it wont be the last.
So far I've been writing about the season of Fall, but I'm hoping that I can sort of get out of that and start writing a variety of topics like love, children playing, things like that. Though at the moment I'm still caught up in the change of colors and describing how the leaves fall, etc. So you'll be hearing a couple more of my poems refering to the seasonal change of Autumn.
Looking out my window, I still see these changes in the season, and I love it. Now I'm just waiting for the snow to come so that I can start writing about snowmen and snowflakes and Christmas trees, etc. Though we still have Thanksgiving before Christmas, so...... Enjoy the colorful leaves before they leave and come back green in Spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment